IS&T Solution Center Self-Service Portal Update in December will Enhance Functionality
On Saturday, Dec. 16, at approximately 8 a.m., the IS&T Solution Center’s Self-Service Portal will be updated to enhance a number of functionalities that will make common activities easier to complete. IS&T teams have been preparing the updates for months and recently held a small discussion group to review and provide feedback about the changes. Reactions were overwhelmingly positive, with participants providing valuable input about changes they would like to see in the future as well.
Enhanced functionalities in the updated Self-Service Portal will include:
- Ability for Center City and Methodist staff to use the Self-Service catalog and request many different types of IS&T services -
- Hardware, such as desktops, laptops, cables and accessories
- Account access for new and existing employees, as well as consultants and vendors
- Improved functionality for submitting, tracking and checking status of requests
- Consolidated information in one location
- Improved email alerts and status updates when requests are submitted, worked and resolved
The updated Self-Service Portal will also feature a refreshed look and feel, shown above.
These changes mark the first substantial updates to the Self-Service Portal since it was launched more than a year ago. The Dec. 16 updates are only the first step in a series of improvements, with teams continuing to work on additional enhancements and features that will be rolled out in the future.