Wave 1 Super User progress as of October 7, 2016.
Wave 2 Super User progress as of October 7, 2016.
Super Users play an integral role throughout much of the Epic@Jeff implementation – including Training, Go-Lives and beyond. This page serves as a central location for Super User news, documents, links and other information that should be frequently referenced. Start with this 101 overview to understand the foundation of the Super User program and review the role and responsibilities of a Super User.
Don't forget to check back on a regular basis for more updates.
Epic@Jeff is offering a voluntary "pre-training" program to help Super Users get familiar with Epic in advance of Training. The structure of the program will be based on users' increasing efficiency through four learning levels: Beginner, Novice, Proficient and Advanced. Each level will offer a variety of activities, E-learnings or trainings that must be completed in order to advance to the next level.
Moving Toward a Brighter Future with Epic@Jeff
- At the completion of each level, Super Users will be awarded pins to wear. The pins will indicate where they stand in the transformation of light, which was introduced in the first Epic@Jeff advertising graphic.
- The first 50 Super Users who successfully complete each level will win a $10 Wawa giftcard.
All Super Users who achieve each level will be entered into a prize drawing.
- Complete the Novice level for a chance to win a FitBit Flex
- Complete the Proficient level for a chance to win an iPad Air
- Complete the Advanced level for a chance to win a GoPro Hero4
S.U.P.E.R. Program for Wave 1 Super Users
The Wave 1 S.U.P.E.R. Program will be made up of two parts: Pre-Training from June - August and Training from September - December. Please check your email for important S.U.P.E.R. Program activity updates and requirements.
In order to complete October's requirement toward earning the Advanced level, you will need to satisfy your End User Classroom Support training. October's End User Classroom Support training is required of all Super Users, regardless of participation in the S.U.P.E.R. Program.
End User Support training will help you to understand how to deal with the stress and uncertaintly some of your peers may experience as you assist them in learning Epic. Your manager is responsible for signing you up for End User Classroom Support training. Once you have been signed up, it will appear in your HealthStream "To Do" list.
Please note: Specialty Provider Trainers will not be required to attend End User Support training. They will attend Specialty Provider training and have the opportunity to practice in the Playground environment. If you are a Specialty Provider Trainer, your manager is responsible for signing you up for training. Once you have been signed up, it will appear in your HealthStream "To Do" list.
- Wave 1 Refresher Training
- Refresher training will offer a review of Super User roles and responsibilities and answer any final questions you have before Go-Live.
- Managers are responsible for registering Super Users for Refresher Training.
S.U.P.E.R. Program for Wave 2 Super Users
The Wave 2 S.U.P.E.R. Program will be made up of two parts: Pre-Training from August 2016 - December 2016 and Training from January 2017 - May 2017. Please check your email for important S.U.P.E.R. Program activity updates and requirements.
In order to complete the October Novice activity and proceed to the next level, you will need to satisfy one simple activity. You should have received an email from HealthStream in order to sign-up for a Genius Bar Event session. Please ensure you sign up for a half-hour time slot.
- When: October 17, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; October 24, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. or October 28, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Where: 1960 Gibbon Training Room
- Why: The Epic system will be available on computers for exploration along with an information scavenger hunt, with Epic@Jeff Trainers available to assist with questions.
November's and December's activity:
- The Wave 2 S.U.P.E.R. Program will take a break in November and December to allow for Wave 1 Go-Live.
- Please look for more information as the program resumes in January for Wave 2.
More information about specific requirements and dates will be communicated at least a month in advance, via email.
Registration Underway For Super User Kickoff Meetings
Feb. 17, 2016 – This week, Epic@Jeff Principal Trainers will begin reaching out to Super Users who have been identified with specific information about signing up for Super User Kickoff meetings. Numerous times and locations for those meetings have been planned during the month of April after Super User recruitment is completed. Super Users should visit HealthStream and use these instructions to register for the meeting of their choice (complete list of kickoffmeeting options). Managers are also invited to attend a kickoff meeting and should work closely with their Super Users at the department level to coordinate attendance at the same meeting if desired.
- Log in with your campus key and password to access Single Sign On job aids and reference documents.
Information will be made available as the project progresses. Please be sure to regularly check back.
Departmental Break-Out of Super Users
Wave 1 Super User Report
This report outlines the departments/areas impacted by the Nov. 26, 2016 Go-Live and the anticipated number of Super Users needed in each area based on locations, shifts and roles. (IMPORTANT: Some areas may be involved in both Go-Lives).
Wave 2 Super User Report
This report outlines the departments/areas impacted by the April 1, 2017 Go-Live and the anticipated number of Super Users needed in each area based on locations, shifts and roles. (IMPORTANT: Some areas may be involved in both Go-Lives).
101 Overview Presentation Offers Insight Into Being a Super User
The Epic@Jeff Training Team has prepared a brief presentation outlining specific details about the Super User program. Learn how many Super Users will be needed, specific activities they will be supporting, and answers to other common questions.
Get into the "Super User State of Mind" and watch this short video to learn more about the role and characteristics of an effective Super User.