Epic@Jeff Vision & Guiding Principles
Beginning in 2012, the Critical Care Systems Task Force, the Ad Hoc EMR Committee of the MEC, and the participants in the EHR planning process developed and promoted a consistent vision for an integrated Electronic Health Record. These are the principles that will guide our implementation.
One patient, One record, One Jefferson – All in!
- Establish a unified, consistent and complete Jefferson chart for every patient.
- Enable an outstanding patient experience through ease of access to services and information.
- Facilitate high quality and safe patient care with the use of timely, accessible and intelligent systems.
- Foster communication across the care continuum with a unified patient record.
- Improve operational efficiency by eliminating duplication of effort and standardizing workflow.
- Ensure availability, portability and seamless flow of information where and when needed.
- Facilitate performance improvement, quality measures and public reporting with needed data.
- Enable clinical research by collecting, aggregating and providing access to appropriate data.
- Support healthcare education by providing decision support, documentation, and other teaching aids.
- Promote Jefferson’s position as a leader, innovator and destination for clinical care, education and clinical research.